2022 (so far)


here we go again...


Right. First blog post of the year. It was already very uneventful and full of work and all of a sudden a ton of bullshit suddenly came crashing through by the time my academic break for this trimester came rolling along. In the past month since the beginning of this wonderful year, we've had the rise and fall of the omicron variant; the Philippine General Elections; and now the whole world suddenly exploding again because the Russians decided to invade Ukraine after aggressively teasing it for the past few weeks prior to literally a few days ago as of writing. 

Literally nothing much can be said about it, as it was already to be expected. I never really imagined 2022 to being the mega year the entire planet would pull its boot straps together and sing so hard all the problemos go away. Shit is still bound to happen. The most I have expected was further disappointments with maybe some pleasurable moments tucked somewhere in the side lines. Let's just say that I got more than what I have expected and I didn't like any of it at all.

That being said, I did say I was expecting some tucked away good vibe moments that would somewhat cushion the fall of how absolutely poopoo this entire planet is at the moment, and none of those moments disappointed me. Recently during the beginning of the New Year, I watched Hilda and the Mountain King, and later on went to binging the first season of the Legends of Vox Machina. Both very interesting shows that I would eventually do respective reviews for regardless of how much review content there already is about them. I got my 2nd SinoVac shot against the COVID and even my Pfizer Booster-Shot. Yugi's now fully immunized against the COVID and is ready to hopefully not die of something stupid, like standing in line for too long. No need to write any stories about that, it was uneventful and went rather quickly. Also Twosday 2022 happened. Objectively the best day ever.

Before the year as well I have started the PalaboKorner podcast with some of my friends, and released our first episode sometime during the Christmas break. It was a nice time. We havent done much ever since because of the school workload, but I am thinking of just doing solo episodes becuase the main purpose of the thing was to be something purely for me to enjoy myself in, and I'm planning to outline some things about a topic I have been interested in and record it later within the day once I finish writing this post. Might invite them again with some new guests if they want just for more chill vibes. Hell, I am even considering recording the D&D sessions I DM and making a spotify series about it (with their permission of course)

Speaking of blogposts, some of you (if anyone's even there) might be wondering: "oi, where the hell have u been?". The short answer is, doing school work; the long answer, doing school work and being very very sad. Really, I couldn't find much of anything to write about anymore because I never really had the time. Though with new life developments and the world doing its thing, there is now some amount of content material I could potentially write about. Just expect it to be in the form of shot burst posts like this one and my instant noodle rant.

So far, I would give 2022 a 3/10. Though there are some gud bits, it is still shitty overall and makes the entire world sad. Leaves a lot to be desired.


- YugiBearz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Classes: A Bittersweet Victory

Curriculum Vitae: A Reflection of Character