Vaccination.

get vaccinated.

So the Philippine government recently announced that they are going to begin vaccinations for the general public around this month. I was really happy for this because I have no idea how much longer I can stay inside my house with the constant reminder of COVID-19 looming around and about whenever I want to do something, like go to my college when face to face classes finally become a thing for colleges or literally anything that would require me to get out of the damn house. Most vaccination centers are by appointment according to the LGUs, which is extremely annoying and would take me infinitum, so I just simply waited for the chance on getting a walk-in vaccination... which is the obviously easier option. 

That's what I did today as of writing (October 12, 2021). My mom literally called me over after classes, told me we are going to a department store to grab a seat for vaccinations, and I basically had a good excuse to not do most of my homework for the day. My mom had to bring along her friend, who told her about the walk-in vaccinations in the department store place. When I got there, It wasn't as intense as i thought it would be. That was probably because we were there relatively early, if you can consider 2PM early or maybe vaccinations slowed down or that part of the day. I dunno, all I know is that less people means less anxiety attacks for YugiBearz.

The registration and screening bits were the only parts that stirred up my anxious introverted brain due to my poopy handwriting and my very inconsistent signature. I also got called fat when getting my vitals checked. The highlight of the whole affair is the fact I didn't bring my birth certificate... BECAUSE I APPARENTLY NEED THAT! Like, I fully understand why, it's a proof of identity, but I thought my school ID was enough and they would just take my word for WHEN MY BLOODY BIRTHDAY WAS. But I digress, COVID vaccine is a very important thing, therefore I need important documents to verify my identity. Also in the Philippines school IDs are classified as a "Secondary Documents", which means I need a primary document, like a birth certificate or a passport, to actually verify it. So there's that. I learned that little tidbit from registering to vote.

But there is hope reader! I remembered I have a clutch ace on my sleeve... I'M A FUCKING COLLEGE APPLICANT! I had the most absolute beeg brain idea out of my entire generation! While I was in the restroom taking a piss and considering calling my mom about me needing my birth certificate, I remembered that my college applications required me to submit a scanned copy of my birth certificate. When I uploaded the thing to the college application website, it saved the file! I theoretically have access to a digital version of my birth certificate! I did the wrong flush on the water saving flushy toilet and bursted out the mens room. Didn't even wash my hands because I was high on my beeg brain! It is proof once again that being stupid = great ideas. I took my seat on the screening area again and waited patiently while the Chinese immigrant did his whole screening process with a few translators on hand. While waiting, I used the last 20% of phone battery I had to turn on data and get on the UST Applications website. I checked the documents page, and BEHOLD! THE FILE IS THERE!! I downloaded it, and the image of my birth certificate was clear as day. So then I waited until it was my turn and asked if I can use my college application as proof of identity as a joke, they said no and I just gave them my birth certificate on my phone. Ahh the power of technology!

The rest breezed on okay. I clarified if I was allergic to anything, which I was not, and the guy doing my allergy checks told me there was only Sinovac left, and I told him I didn't really care and asked him if there was any Moderna and Pfizer left as a joke (there obviously wasn't). In all honesty, I don't really care what vaccine gets injected into me as long as I get the dose anyway. Everyone wanna be gansta with their Pfizer's and Moderna's until the pimp with Sinovac shows up. So yeah, I got the Sinovac injection, didn't feel or noticed a thing, and I just chilled with the band aid on. AT this point I just need to wait 4 weeks before going back and taking in the 2nd dose, and after 2 weeks of that I'm fully vaccinated!

So there's part 1 of YugiBearz' "Vaccination Arc" or whatever. Read up on the vaccines, prepare your identification documents, and get vaccinated.


-YugiBearz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Classes: A Bittersweet Victory

Curriculum Vitae: A Reflection of Character

2022 (so far)