instant noodles are weird

Let's all be honest, they are weird, yet good.

----
    Alright. I realized that frequent posting is important for the blog to kick off better, and also I have too many weird thoughts in my head that for some reason cannot be put into the long-winded articles I usually publish in the Bears Den. So, after 15 minutes of being pissed off when I attempted to write this article on my phone (the Blogspot app sucks; Canva runs shit on my phone.), and 2 or so weeks of haitus, I decided to just write on my usual set up... but SHORTER! So yeah, when I have weird footnotes in mind, I'll just be writing these "Shorts". Enjoy!
----

    Throughout the pandemic, I have noticed that I have been eating a lot more instant noodles than I should. Don't get me wrong, I can cook other things, but it seems much easier for me to simply just put dried noodles in a bowl, fill it with hot water, wait, and just follow any other instructions on the packet. There have also been a ton of videos in YouTube that give life hacks and recipes for lazy people who want to add something new to the mundane packet of college sustenance. 

    Another thing is that, in tune with basic entrepreneurship, there are vide varieties of instant noodles which you can see in their own dedicated aisle in grocery and convenience stores. They say a lot about a country's culture and give a glimpse on how people enjoy their noodle dishes. The Philippines and Indonesia like stir-fry noodles, so they have Lucky Me Pancit Canton and Indomie Mi Goreng respectively (both of which, I love); Japan and the United States love their instant ramen, they are probably the pioneers of industry after all; although they both have Nissin Ramen as a brand, the products are drastically different if put side to side against each other.

    That is probably why there a lot of travelling food YouTubers, like Mikey Chen, who make a lot of content around the world and have convenience store taste-test usually put the instant noodles as one of the highlights of the content. Personally, I am also guilty of this as a content-creator (technically), I have my share of ideas of reviewing some new instant noodle brands I have recently tasted. I decided against that because why not; food is food, it's meant to be delicious, not work! No shade against food creators though, many of them are cool... like Mikey Chen.

    The culture of noodles have drastically been changed throughout the years, especially when concerning instant noodles. A lot of people like to call them trash and can't beat the real authentic Instagram-worthy boujee  bowls, but no one can't really get that PhP5,000 bowl of perfect ramen. Sometimes those 20 Peso packets of broke college student "trash" is just enough to be great. Hell there are even "specialty" brands that go over 100PhP with a dedicated packet for already cooked noodles, and at best they are okay. I know nothing can't beat the real thing, but the instant stuff can be good as well. If anyone tries to dunk on you as you indulge on your MSG and Sodium filled feast, just tell them to fuck off and leave you to your peace.

    Instant noodles are weird.


- YugiBearz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Classes: A Bittersweet Victory

Curriculum Vitae: A Reflection of Character

2022 (so far)